The Accounts Receivable Manager will work with the Sr. Manager of Accounts Receivable to administer and manage ArcBest credit and collection policies as well as manage various projects that arise related to these areas, including invoicing, EDI, and financial system integrations. They will assist in development and implementation of optimal internal control systems to improve collection performance on customer account balances. They will provide analytical assistance to Financial Services as well as provide business and financial analysis at the enterprise level for the support of ArcBest subsidiaries, as needed. The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker who instinctively finds creative solutions to improve performance, while providing the highest level of customer service to both internal and external customers of ArcBest. The position offers a high degree of responsibility and upper-management exposure.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· The primary goal of this position is to manage an aging portfolio of the largest and most complicated ArcBest accounts.
· Utilize available tools to review customer credit worthiness, set internal credit thresholds, and find opportunities to grow revenue while mitigating potential bad debt expense.
· Resolve customer invoice and billing disputes, misapplied payments, and account balance inquiries.
· Manage delinquent accounts and create solutions that mitigate potential losses for ArcBest.
· Manage and oversee the systems used to support the business needs of ArcBest subsidiary companies which includes, but is not limited to Credit Analysis, Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, and EDI.
· Develop comprehensive understanding of ArcBest subsidiaries, their individual business models, and their unique challenges to growth within their own marketplace so that effective financial decisions can be made at the corporate level.
· Find and implement efficiency improvements on both new and existing account collection processes and possess ability to coach others in this capacity.
· Build, develop, and grow all internal business relationships vital to the success of increasing revenue growth and customer experience across the enterprise.
· Provide clear and concise project and solution definition, scope, action plans, and communication of including schedule and design.
· Work and contribute in a team setting to accomplish overall corporation, department and individual goals.
· Provide support to individuals within the department by creating and maintaining ad hoc analysis and reports.
· Provide support to individuals within the department through training and mentoring.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience in reviewing commercial credit profiles, and/or communicating directly with customers regarding payment and invoicing, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and SQL with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly, preferred.
This is a corporate office environment with multiple work stations. Each employee will have his/her own work station.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.